AWWP NewsNews items posted by the Afghan Women's Writing Project, followed by an RSS feed for "Afghan Women."
AWWP Newsletters dating back to 2009 are listed on the right sidebar.
We now proudly share with you our cooperative project with StoryCenter’s Silence Speaks initiative, launched to further amplify Afghan women’s voices by use of video storytelling. By presenting their personal stories as recordings accompanied by their own imagery, we believe these brave women’s voices will touch viewers deeply.
Update 7 October: We have added the sixth and final video to this series — "Who Says I Can't Ride a Bike?" by Raha. Please click Read More to watch.
RSS for “Afghan Women”
- <b>Women</b> have much to lose if peace fails, believes Samar
- Supporting elections in <b>Afghanistan</b> weakens governance
- Taliban attacks kill 48
- Suicide bomber detonates inside government building in east <b>Afghanistan</b>
- Crocker on <b>Afghanistan</b>
- Suicide bomb targets government office in east <b>Afghanistan</b>
- Suicide bomber and gunmen hit eastern <b>Afghanistan</b> gov't office
- <b>Afghanistan's</b> Taliban tells teachers, students to block presidential elections or risk death
- 'Rooster' to be staged in Turkey
- <b>Afghanistan</b> – what's next?
- Pakistan condemns Kabul attack
- Taliban step up violence as <b>Afghan</b> polls draw closer
- Taliban kill at least 48 in bloody day ahead of <b>Afghan</b> polls
- Blast near <b>Afghan</b> presidential rally kills 48
- Narrow Escape For <b>Afghanistan</b> President As Blast At His Rally Takes 48 Lives