AWWP NewsNews items posted by the Afghan Women's Writing Project, followed by an RSS feed for "Afghan Women."
AWWP Newsletters dating back to 2009 are listed on the right sidebar.
Afghan Women Writers Join the Twitter #GBVTeachin for #16Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence
On December 8th, AWWP joined the Twitter #GBVTeachin to help raise awareness about gender-based violence in Afghanistan. For four hours, our social media team shared poems and essays by Afghan women writers that offered powerful condemnations of violence as well as visions of hope.
From all of us at AWWP, thank you to all who came out on December 3, 2015 to help us celebrate the publication of Washing the Dust from Our Hearts: Poetry & Prose from Writers of the Afghan Women’s Writing Project. Sullivan Street Press calls our new anthology one of the best poetry books of 2015 and we agree!
We are still floating on air thinking about the magic of the Passerine Project Musical Benefit on November 6, 2015 at the Lynn Redgrave Theater in NYC. The words of the women, the songs of the student songwriters, the voices of our special readers, the talents of teaching artists – they all came together to transport us, to give us a night of creativity and witness that we will never forget.
October 11, 2015 is the fourth annual International Day of the Girl Child. The Afghan Women’s Writing Project is supporting this United Nations-sponsored celebration with poems and stories written for this day by our writers.
RSS for “Afghan Women”
- Keeping Score: Even More Reasons Not to Mess with Nancy Pelosi
- Over 1300 IS fighters, loyalists surrender in eastern <b>Afghan</b> province as military pressure continues
- <b>AFGHANISTAN</b> Members learn from making trip behind times
- Longest-Running Survey of <b>Afghan</b> Opinion Shows Growing Support for <b>Women's</b> Rights
- <b>Afghan women</b> will not sacrifice their rights for peace: Habiba Sarabi
- Sacrificing <b>Afghan women's</b> liberties will cause 'anarchy': human rights chief
- Almost 200 IS Members Surrender To <b>Afghan</b> Police In Country's East - Governor
- The New York <b>Women's</b> Foundation
- MP: Police team pose as groom's family to nab robber bride
- As a <b>woman</b>, meeting Taliban face-to-face was not easy: Fawzia Koofi
- <b>Afghan</b> movie wins best screenplay award at SAARC film festival
- <b>Afghanistan</b>: The Missing Peace – Part II: 'When <b>women</b> are in danger, it's not peace – it's surrender'
- <b>Afghan</b> Father cycles 12km Daily to Get Daughters Educated
- [PHOTOS] 'My daughters' education is very valuable': This <b>Afghani</b> father is being hailed as hero
- Concerns over <b>Women</b> Unsafe Work Environment in <b>Afghanistan</b>