AWWP is my heart book where I can share … my people’s problems without any fear, where I can say the truth. It is the voice of all Afghan women who can’t write here. We write on behalf of them. —Shogofa
Looking for ways to help AWWP? Here are a few of the many opportunities:
- Invest your dollars in the women of Afghanistan
- Volunteer to mentor an online workshop of Afghan women writers
- Organize a theater performance using AWWP scripts
- Buy copies of our books to read in a book club.
- Download free copies of our “Love & Forgiveness” curriculum for personal or group use
- Host a reading, whether in your living room, at your library, or at an event of any kind!
- Email us and ask for our package of event resources that includes suggested readings, music files, background slideshow, handouts, and much more!
- Sign up for our newsletter
- “Like” us on Facebook and join our active page AND follow our Tweets!
- Work with us on fundraising strategies, share media or computer donation contacts, or provide admin support — send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donating to AWWP
Support Afghan women as they bring their words out of the shadows. Your donations pay for
- A Room Of Their Own: In an undisclosed location in Kabul, the Women’s Writing Hut is an AWWP Internet café and a reading salon. About $1000 covers monthly rent and Internet connection. Additional costs are the library and nighttime travel expenses for writers’ safety. Plans are underway to deepen our presence similarly in Herat.
- Dari and Pashtu Programs: These include both written and oral history. Your donations pay for translations as well as gathering of oral histories at a current cost of about $150 a month.
- Laptops & Internet for the Writers: $500 buys a laptop and $30 provides a single month of Internet service for one woman, so that our writers need not walk hours to safely send us their poems and essays.
Your donation is fully tax-deductible. Consider donating in honor of a woman you love. Checks made out to AWWP may be mailed to:
|Afghan Women’s Writing Project
1732 1st Ave #28238
New York, NY 10128
|Or you may donate through GiveCorps:
T H A N K Y O U !